rosalie citroën club
Last update 27 June 2020
WELCOME TO THE « ROSALIE-CITROEN.COM » WEBSITE
THE ROSALIE CITROËN CLUB WEBSITE
6 October 1932, the Paris Automobile Trade Fair
opened at the Grand Palais !
The President of the French Republic, Albert Lebrun, was welcomed by André Citroën, who presented his brand new car, just off the production line at the equally brand new factory on the Quai du Javel. Both were former students at the Ecole Polytechnique, Albert Lebrun having graduated in 1890 and André Citroën in 1898.
Be that as it may, the 8, 10 and 15 horsepower CItroëns, which were later given the nickname Rosalie, made their noted début at the trade fair. They were a concise expression of the best automobile technologies of the period. They sported the famous ‘floating motor’, symbolised by the swan floating on the water’s surface. The first cars fitted with this process would be the last models of the C4 and C6 G MFP (for the floating power motor) as of April 1932.